Wednesday, March 27, 2013

My Very First Scoring Session to Film: March 25th 2013



Note: If the video above doesn't play, here is the link to it on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiAvmKhKJo0&feature=youtu.be


Since enrolling at the Pacific Northwest Film Scoring Program, I've written countless pieces and prepared for a real scoring session where I would decide the important points of the scene, decide the musical materials, tempo, and the like, then write the music, compose a pad pre-record, write the parts, sync it all up for recording, mark up the video for synchronization, and conduct the thing, making all the final decisions. Well, here is my first real output.

This movie is "Cane". We are to score the opening sequence that you see here. Consider this the finished project. I will soon produce a version with the timecode and streamers.

Special thanks first and foremost to Hummie Mann, Tim Huling, Reed Ruddy for engineering the recording at Studio X in Seattle, WA, all of my colleagues who provided immense feedback, and to Claire Hawkins, without whom none of this would have taken place.

No comments: